Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our House


Thanks to Amber being as smart as she is,  you all can see a photo of our new house.  This is the photo from the MLS that was taken by the agent that had our house listed.  The grass now doesn't look as good.  For some strange reason the guy that we bought the house from did not know how to water the lawn and when we moved in he hadn't watered it for quite a while and when we mowed the lawn, the grass looked pretty dry.  But, by next spring, we will fertilize and keep it watered and that will make all the difference.  

I can't remember if I mentioned this already but, we hate it here.  The neighbors are all really nice but I hate being so close to the neighbors and I there are things about this house that I really do not like (just little things) but I knew that was what it was going to be like and I just keep telling myself that we won't be here that long.  I have been painting a little in the house and I haven't been able to hang any photos or decorate until I get the rooms painted.  It is taking longer than I would like because I have no help.  Rick wanted to hire someone to do it and I would not let him because I feel like that is just throwing money down the drain so I now get the chore of doing it myself.  Plus I still have a little bit going on in Real Estate and I don't have the time to get it done.  So when people come to our house they get to see it in a big mess right now.  Oh well, if you don't care if you see it that way, we don't care.  

Also, because we went from 3400 finished sq ft to 1400 finished sq ft and a 1400 unfinished basement, we have a huge storage pile in the basement and garage and we have to park our vehicle outside which really sucks because we have frost in the mornings and have to warm the cars up before we go anywhere in the mornings.  We also went from a 3 car to a 2 car garage and do not have the storage for our motorbikes, lawnmower, etc. and we now get to store that in the garage as well. 

I will stop complaining now.  I am just thankful to have a home and am glad I am not in a  financial mess like thousands of other unfortunate people.  There are so many vacant homes in our neighborhood and homes in the back part of the subdivision that are half way finished that the bank took over.  And as sad as our market is here, I have been reading that our housing market is in the top #6 for the nation.   SCARY!


2 comments:

AMBER said...

I don't know how smart I look because your photo isn't visible. Oops!

GameBlast said...

it shows just fine on mine... I wonder what the deal is?