Friday, June 13, 2008

Gardening


Yesterday was pretty crazy but I guess that just goes along with how are lives are right now.  I think few of you know that I was recently put in as the new Webelo Scout Leader and yesterday was day camp.  I had a ton of things to do at home but Rick was nice enough to go with me to take the boys up to day camp at Palisade's.  It was a crazy, cold day yesterday and when we got up there it was snowing.  We were only there about a half hour to an hour (which it took us longer to drive there than we ended up staying, about a 1 hour and 20 min. drive) when they pulled all of the kids and leaders in the lodge and told us that we could stay and do some indoor activities for a short while or check out and they would reimburse us for the day camp fee.  After a short 30 seconds of talking to the drenched boys, it was decided unanimously to go home.
Once we took all the boys home and made it home ourselves, it was only about an hour later that the son came out and we could enjoy the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted to since all plans to do anything major had been cancelled due to day camp.  So we made the most of the day by gardening and washing the filthy cars from driving to Palisade's.  
Check out my garden.  I'm so proud.  It's my first one ever...well, besides the one I had to plant for my mom when I was younger.  That one doesn't count.

No comments: