Thursday, April 16, 2009

What do you think?

After taking the photos in Palasades a little while ago, Rick and I decided that we really liked the photo of the little shack so we decided to have it blown up and put on a canvas. We framed it above our bed.

We had to build a custom frame for it because it was such an odd size. Rick and I both worked on building it and then it was left up to me to paint it. I wanted to try for the old rusted patina effect. It took me forever to paint it because of all the layering I had to do with the paint.

Here it is...

What do you think?






2 comments:

Rachel B said...

that looks awesome!! sweet idea. goods very legit. love it. maybe you should help me try to figure out what to put on my blank walls

AMBER said...

That looks SO GOOD! Wow! Nice job on picking a frame too. The weathered wood really compliments the photo.

If you don't mind me asking, what did that cost to have put on canvas and framed?