Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Brilliant Idea by Cindy



Thanks to my smart wits, we now have a beautiful night light border. These two pics are of a fense that my grandma used to have up before we moved here. When we moved here, she did not want me to take it down because she said it defined our property line. I thought it was butt ugly so I talked her into letting me take down part of it and leaving the poles up. They stayed this ugly metal color until a couple of days ago when I decide to make them look better. Don't ask me how I came up with this great idea, it must be genetic (ha, ha, ha). I painted the poles black and found a four pack of $20 solar yard lights at Walmart (the kind you just place in the ground that stand about a foot tall) and put them inside the posts. At night they light up and look so cute. Take a look at the before picture (not really a before pic, it is a picture of a part of the fense that is still up). I also talked Rick into letting me replace the horse fense with this same principle only in between the posts, instead of putting horizontal poles, we are going to droop two lines of chain and I am going to spray paint it all black and put the lights at the top. We figured to do the whole corral might cost about $1500-$2000. Totally worth it, I think.

1 comment:

AMBER said...

That is such a great idea Cindy! It looks very English. And you're saving the environment at the same time!