Monday, May 26, 2008

Gloomy Days


The recent gloomy days have put some delay in the progress of our yardwork. Hopefully we will see some sun soon so that we can get our curbing in and grass. Rick did have a chance to get the sand put in around our firepit and set up the frame for our concrete pad entrance to it. I can't wait till we are done and have grass so we can sit out by the fire at night after a hot day of sun and toast our toes in the sand while cooking up some smores.

More interesting news...

I had a lady in my office ask if I knew of any horse property for sale on the west side of town and so I told her that we were thinking of selling in the fall sometime. She brought them by today and they loved our house. She said they would buy our house right now if they could. They need to sell their house first and an offer is coming our way. We are sad to leave our nearby family (for Kolten's sake but are excited to move on to a new floor plan. Jess and I were driving around the other day and found the cutest house, I brought Rick by it today and we both love it. Kolten calls it a pop tart house. He said it looks like there are a whole bunch of pop tarts stuck to it. The only way I can describe it is that it is very cottage like. Something you would see in a fairy tell story. I tried to take a photo of it with my camera on my phone but because of the rain it turned out so crappy. I will try to take another photo of it soon so you can see it.

Also some sad news... (Kids and people with soft hearts don't read!)

Kolten came in the house so excited today to tell me there was a racoon out in the ditch and that I had to come see it. I was a little busy at the moment and couldn't make it out to see it. He came back in the house shortly thereafter to say that I didn't need to worry about going out to see the racoon. I asked him why and with a very sad look he told me that it had drowned. It about broke my heart but I couldn't let him know so I said that things like that happen in nature all the time and that it was Heavenly Father's plan. The thing that was so sad was that he told me in great detail that he saw it struggling to get out and it went under water and bubbles came out of it's nose and then it went under the colvert and was dead when it came out the other end. HOW SAD IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like balling right now just typing this.

Gotta go wipe my tears and blow my nose...talk to you soon.

No comments: